WHAT IS THE IRS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION?Learn more about this agency
The mission of IRS Information Technology is to provide leadership in the delivery of information technology solutions that anticipate and meet enterprise-wide needs by empowering employees to deliver customer-centered, value-creating systems, products, services, and support.
WHAT DOES A STAFF ASSISTANT DO? A Staff Assistant serves as a staff advisor and liaison between management and appropriate support functions on all matters pertaining to administrative and management issues. They participate in planning and coordinating programs, projects, or processes which impact functional customers in the areas of recruitment, human resources technology, facilities, financial management and security.
As a Staff Assistant you will:
- Manage internal administrative assignments.
- Monitor activities to ensure timeliness, consistency and completeness.
- Review responses, reports, and memoranda to develop consolidated responses on behalf of the organization.
- Perform special studies and research projects or assignments, which require confidentiality and application of expertise and mature judgment.
- Assess the need for and establish and/or adapt administrative procedures and practices to be used in highly unusual situations requiring deviation from standard administrative procedures.
- Keep the supervisor advised of developments and progress concerning problems and follow up with the responsible official to expedite necessary action and final settlement of the issues.
- Personally review all important incoming and outgoing correspondence, coordinating routing and the control of notes and suggestions concerning the subject matter involved before referral to the supervisor.
- Advise manager on required personnel actions, performs delegated duties as assigned, supports and manages multiple administrative processes.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at http://www.jobs.irs.gov/
Occasional travel - 1 TO 5 NIGHTS PER MONTH MAY BE REQUIRED.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/512889500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.