About the Position: This position is located in the Directorate for Surgery in an outpatient, orthopedic hospital-based PT clinic with occasional coverage in-inpatient, conducting individual sessions, group sessions and aquatics. Patients age range from 6-100+ with the full spectrum of neuromuscular disorders/dysfunctions with additional capabilities in TBI, vestibular, neuro, pelvic floor and lymphedema management.Learn more about this agency
Position is being filled using EHA - Critical Need Health Care Occupations.
- Operate equipment and design exercise programs in accordance with standard physical therapy practices.
- Administer physical therapy to walk-in ambulatory, general medical and surgical patients.
- Observe patient responses, judge whether or not the treatment program is having the desired effect, and in concert with the supervising therapist, modifies or discontinues the treatment program.
- Instruct patients in a variety of exercise programs, including pre and post-operative exercise regimens.
- Provide direct therapeutic care to a diverse patient population with a variety of patient diagnoses.
- Coordinate with physical therapist to establish plan of patient care as it relates to patient's physical therapy impairments.
- Design and modify treatment programs requiring a multifaceted approach determined by the patient's physical and mental conditions.
- Maintain patient treatment records by writing reports covering initial evaluation of patients, patient progress, and treatment determination.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/512802400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.