About the Position: This position is located in the Director for Surgery, Department of Preoperative Nursing, Sterile Processing, and will serve as a Surgical Instrument Technician. Responsible for processing, preparing and distributing the complete range of clean and sterile surgical and clinic instruments required for patient care, including instrument trays and sets used in the full range of surgical operations. Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) certification preferred.Learn more about this agency
- Performs daily quality assurance testing on all equipment used in the cleaning and sterilization of surgical instruments.
- Ensures compliance with established policies and procedures of the Department of Health, The Joint Commission, OSHA, CDC and other industry standards and regulations, as well as those of medical treatment facility.
- Monitors and track surgical instruments through the use of automated log/system, perform record keeping, tracking operations, maintains and monitors inventory records, and generate purchase orders etc.
- Scan instruments for use in or requested for procedures, upon arrival in decontamination to issue to serviced hospital department. e.g., surgery, clinics or wards.
- Remove gross or blood borne contaminants using required methods and procedures.
- Visually inspect required instruments for cleanliness, signs of damage, deterioration, or imperfection.
- Distributes requested instruments to serviced wards, clinic units, and operating room suites with medical supply items
- Prepare Case Carts as needed for clinical, per preference cards, or surgical need.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/512792900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.