About the Position: This position will be located in a high paced anatomic pathology laboratory at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, MD under the Joint Pathology Center, Director for Clinical Operations. This position will be 3rd shift.Learn more about this agency
Position is being filled using EHA - Critical Need Health Care Occupations.
- Direct the daily work of the laboratory, plan for accomplishment of work in terms of personnel, equipment, and supplies.
- Assign specific procedures among laboratory personnel, answer questions, and review completed work for adequacy prior to submission to physician.
- Prepare for and perform difficult and complex, advanced procedures in the laboratory, for which some of the procedures do not have standardized instruction.
- Utilize laboratory information systems to evaluate workload and maintain an unobstructed flow of cases through the pre-testing, testing, and post-testing processes on a continual basis.
- Prepare solutions and reagents and standardizes control; calibrates pipettes, and equipment using known solutions, verifies qualitative results exercising quality control procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of automated equipment where instrumentation is complex and settings are fine to determine the results.
- Perform day-to-day routine maintenance on equipment and troubleshoots common problems.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/512736900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.