About the Position:This position is being filled under the Expedited Hiring Authority (EHA) for Defense Acquisition Workforce Positions in accordance with 10 USC § 1705(g).Learn more about this agency
The initial cut-off for referral consideration is 10 Oct 2018; applications received by this date will have the first opportunity for review. Applications received after this date will be given consideration as vacancies occur.
- Serves as senior team member with primary responsibility for geotechnical engineering and soil-rock investigations supporting District projects involving structural foundations.
- Utilizes knowledge of soil mechanics principles, good engineering practices, geotechnical experience and sound professional judgment to optimize safety, practicability, constructability and economy in design.
- Utilizes knowledge of basic economics, relevant engineering regulations, and risk and reliability assessment principles to optimize safety, practicability, constructability and economy in design.
- Develops scopes of work and negotiates AE contracts supporting geotechnical engineering investigations.
- Plans and performs surficial and subsurface geotechnical investigations and conducts design studies and analyses for assigned projects.
- Prepares geotechnical design reports, reviews reports prepared by other engineers and AE Contractors and develops construction recommendations for complex projects.
- Serves as technical coordinator or lead engineer for assigned projects and is responsible for developing quality control plans, design cost estimates, and leading multi-discipline teams in the development of design products.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
12 - May be selected at any grade level with non-competitive promotion potential to target grade. Non-competitive promotion potential to the target grade based on time-in-grade requirements and demonstrated ability to perform the higher graded duties.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/512694200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.