This position is located in the Office of the Chief Information Officer, Service Development and Operations Division, Network Infrastructure Services Branch. The supervisor is Roger Swiger. This position is in the Bargaining Unit.
This position requires minimal travel.
This position is not subject to Confidential Financial Disclosure reporting or Security Ownership restriction reporting requirements.
Expenses associated with interview and/or relocation will NOT be paid.Learn more about this agency
- Develop planning documentation, review requests for communication services, prepare budgetary justifications, coordinate the allocation of resources, and design networks/systems.
- Perform work involved in developing, refining and complying with telecommunications systems planning and policy direction including short- and/or long-range planning.
- Review plans and specifications for adequate analysis and justification of requirements, realistic cost estimates, and implementation dates.
- Considering supporting requirements such as scheduling deliveries, availability of installation and test personnel, site preparation, and similar concerns.
- Assists with providing telecommunications and information systems technical guidance to team leadership and other team employees on day to day telecommunication issues.
- Establish policies and procedures for operations and maintenance of telecommunications facilities, systems, equipment, infrastructure, and services.
- Technical adviser on telecommunication facilities and service contracts, cable installation, and repairs and voice/data communication support.
- Prepare/review equipment and facility specifications, monitor/resolve technical communications problems, and/or conduct operational acceptance tests.
- Test and implement systems. Prepare justification for new systems or improvements.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/512644800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.