The International Broadcaster serves as a Multimedia Digital Reporter. The incumbent is responsible for conceiving, pitching, reporting, shooting and producing precedent-setting, sophisticated, original, comprehensive and highly engaging stories for digital, News Center Television shows, special projects and all other platforms. The incumbent will report and file for digital, TV, radio and social media and travel and report around the U.S.Learn more about this agency
THIS POSITION IS COVERED BY A UNION AGREEMENT.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conceive, pitch, report, shoot, video edit and produce precedent-setting, complex, unique, engaging reports that tell compelling stories to a foreign audience.
- Serve simultaneously as a solo producer, reporter, videographer and writer.
- Handle audio and lighting elements on assignment, shoot sequences of broadcast-quality on digital, video, and audio equipment, and is able to produce his/her own piece or written product.
- Research, plan, and cultivate a wide variety of sources within his/her focus and reporting area.
- The correspondent is responsible for original, high value coverage and for reporting more comprehensive and explanatory stories as assigned. Topics may include national and international news, economics, business, national security, human interest, diaspora, immigrant, arts and/or items of specific interest to the language services.
- Secure and conduct multimedia interviews with news sources and subjects.
- Research background material, and formulate and pursue inquiries.
- Establish and maintain contacts with sources, experts, and individuals interested in a variety of subjects.
- Locate a wide variety of subjects to interview by driving through city residential areas, knocking on doors, and visiting communities across the country to tell recent events and stories of interest to U.S. citizens.
- Report, write, voice and produce completed packages.
- Prepare a completed text integrating audio or video as appropriate. Voice the text, editing in taped material. Create social material and reports for social platforms.
- Work with producers and/or videographers and editors as appropriate to complete material for broadcasts, affiliates, publishing on the web, VOA social platforms, and translation requirements by VOA language services.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/512633800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.