Unpaid internships with OPIC are offered year round in Washington, D.C., and can last from 12 weeks to 12 months. Duties vary based on the department and/or office in which the intern is placed. OPIC's Internship Program offers valuable experience that contributes to educational and professional growth, and may be applied in any future employment endeavor, including federal, state and local governments or in the private sector.Learn more about this agency
Interns perform a variety of tasks, including:
- Analyzing and reviewing materials on venture capital/private equity fund proposals;
- Designing and modifying financial models;
- Preparing written reports on current funds;
- Researching new financial structures and investment vehicles;
- Performing audits on proposed funds;
- Financial modeling; and
- Assisting with research and analysis for the OPIC General Call for Proposals.
- Performance of funds and market trends in specific regions and countries;
- Top-down and bottom-up market research and analysis of frontier markets and sectors attractive for private equity investment;
- Analysis of OPIC's private equity portfolio; and
- Assessment of investment strategies.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/512259700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.