The primary function of the Outpatient Methadone Dispensing Pharmacist is to provide dispensing services to all Veterans receiving care in the VAMC Opioid Addiction Clinic located in the Mental Health Service at the Washington DC VA Medical Center.Learn more about this agency
Duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Verifies, prepares and dispenses methadone according to providers orders.
- Organizes workload and establishes optimum workflow in the area assigned.
- Ensures appropriate techniques are used in the preparation of all orders.
- Maintains adequate levels of methadone and supplies pertinent to this area.
- Submits methadone order request to procurement staff and receive methadone shipment upon arrival in accordance with VA and DEA guidelines.
- Participates in the Methadone Clinic's weekly patient care meeting by providing dosage recommendations, as needed.
- Act as a liaison between the Methadone Clinic and the pharmacy distribution area, helping to solve problems, clarify orders, providing additional information as needed, and to improve communications.
- Assist in the collection, tabulation, and preparation of administrative data and reports pertinent to pharmacy programs.
- Accurately perform drug dispensing encompassing all aspects of medication dispensing that ranges from entry of the orders to actual dispensing of prepared dose(s).
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
PCS (aka Relocation Allowance): Not authorized
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/512249200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.