This position is in the Federal Highway Administration's New Jersey Federal-Aid Division. Leads Planning & Program Development Team, ensures team fosters professional partnerships with New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) and local partners to deliver Federal-Aid Highway Program.Learn more about this agency
The Lead Transportation Specialist:
- Manages and coordinates the total efforts of the Planning and Program Development Team employees, who are responsible for areas assigned to their team.
- Determines and evaluates the organization's goals and objectives, provides direction, ascertains progress, and determines measures to bring about their achievement.
- Takes a leadership role in promoting and assisting in the implementation of new technology, new standards, and new policies and initiatives on Federal aid programs.
- Provides leadership and support to other disciplines in integrating transportation planning analysis and decision-making into other parts of the program and project development process.
- Performs functions such as interviewing applicants and making recommendations for final selection, determining training needs, recommending incentive awards, recommending promotions and recommending disciplinary action.
This position is ideal for the technically qualified candidate seeking leadership experience guiding a multidisciplinary team responsible for monitoring and evaluating Transportation Planning, Right-of-Way and Environmental programs’ compliance processes. This candidate is someone who has the skills and abilities to effectively represent the agency to Federal, state, local officials and the general public. The candidate also is someone with good communication, negotiation, and partnering skills who desires to work in a challenging, complex, innovative environment.
In this position you will act as the technical coordinator on program and project delivery within applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders. You will also act as the advisor to Division Administrator, Assistant Division Administrator, NJDOT, local partners for planning, environment, right-of-way, air quality, and research programs.
Occasional travel - Some travel is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/512211600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.