THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a HR SPEC (Title 32), Position Description Number D1047/D1042 and is part of the WY Human Resources Office, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Human Resources Office (HRO). The primary purpose of the position is to provide technical, procedural, and evaluative assistance in the area of employee benefits, performance management, and/or compensation for both Army and Air National Guard organizations. Performs work in one or more of the above human resources specialties. Accomplishes work through the use of an automated personnel system.
(1) Provides technical guidance and procedural assistance to managers, supervisors, and employees in executing a variety of employee benefits' programs, which may include workers' compensation, health and life benefits, Thrift Savings Program (TSP), awards, performance management, retirement, etc.
(2) Injury Compensation: Serves as a technical expert in matters regarding employees' claims for Workers Compensation.
(3) Works through appropriate channels with the DOL, Civilian Personnel Management Service (CPMS) Injury and Unemployment Compensation Division (IUCD), and supervisors to determine that payment of legitimate claims is made, fraud is reported, and questionable claims are reviewed.
(4) Manages and monitors Office of Workers Compensation Program (OWCP) cost for the state, and develops programs and processes to help reduce OWCP costs by coordinating with employees, Department of Labor, medical professionals, and supervisors to return employees to work as soon as medically possible.
(5) Employee Benefits: Assists in administering the retirement programs for technicians desiring to retire under any of the retirement systems.
** This is NOT an all-inclusive list of duties. *
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/512068800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.