The Administrative Systems Office (ASO) has created an Information Security Program to ensure the protection of local AO and national applications the U.S. Courts. This position is located in the Security and Data Integration Staff (SDIS). SDIS is responsible for establishing guidelines and minimum acceptable risk safeguards for the protection of the Department of Administrative Service (DAS) information and information systems.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent will serve as the Deputy Information Technology Security Officer (ISO), responsible for planning, developing, and implementing various components of an information security program to ensure compliance with Judiciary policies and regulations. Provides subject matter expertise to Chief, SDIS and across the ASO on integrating security into the systems development life cycle process, offering technical solutions to complex information security issues/problems. Develops long-range strategic plans to anticipate, identify, evaluate, mitigate, and minimize risks associated with ASO information system vulnerabilities. Makes recommendations to the Chief, SDIS regarding information security program goals, objectives, policies, and priorities.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Serving as a supervisor, responsible for assigning duties to subordinate staff; ensuring that the work is carried out; and evaluating the performance of staff, to include, recommending awards and adverse actions if necessary.
- Working with various stakeholders to ensure cooperation and support in resolving complex and controversial information security policy and program issues.
- Supporting the information systems security officers (ISSOs) with implementing security programs in compliance with Judiciary and ASO policies and procedures to minimize system vulnerabilities.
- Assisting in the development of Standard Operating Procedures, guidance and handbooks to support Policy development and dissemination.
- Presenting issues, recommendations, and briefings to management on topics such as implications of information security policy and program implementation constraints.
- Briefing complex information security projects in discussions with management to explain technical issues, resolutions, options, risks and recommendations as needed.
- Evaluating proposed, modified, or new information security legislation, policy, and regulations to assess potential impacts to the ASO Information Security Program.
- Assessing information security events to determine impact and makes recommendations on implementing corrective actions.
- Coordinating responses to information security-related audits performed by internal/external organizations.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/511807900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.