Come join the U.S. Postal Service!Learn more about this agency
- Conducts legal research and prepares written material for use in representing the Postal Service and advising postal management officials.
- Participates in conferences necessary to representing or advising Postal Service officials.
- Directly advises postal management officials and represents the Postal Service in legal matters involving outside parties.
- Prepares replies to inquiries from Congress, government agencies, and the public.
- Prepares opinions, memoranda, decisions, regulations, testimonies, or formal filings in proceedings in which the Postal Service is a party.
- The selected attorney may also be asked to advise on matters relating to trademark prosecution; enforcement of intellectual property rights; patent and other intellectual property litigation.
- Experience practicing intellectual property law, to include but not limited to trademark, copyright, rights of publicity, patents, and/or trade secrets.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/511547300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.