If you are a current, permanent VA or Federal employee, you should apply under JOA: CBFF-10313604-18-SRC by the closing date of that announcement (10/15/2018).Learn more about this agency
This position is aligned under the Facilities Management Service of the Washington, DC VA Medical Center.
As a Biomedical Engineer (Clinical), you will support and advance patient care by applying engineering and managerial skills to healthcare technology as demonstrated by the following major responsibilities:
- Assists in development of the medical equipment management program that meets current JCAHO and NFPA requirements.
- Assists in the provision of a continuing education program for clinical staff addressing the principles and application of a variety medical instrumentation used in the delivery of health care. This includes a curriculum that addresses the safe and effective use of medical equipment and/or technology.
- Assists in the management of a recall and safety alert program for medical devices, including medical device incident investigations to assure compliance with patient safety goals, SMDA, and JCAHO requirements.
- Assists in advising clinical and leadership staff on medical engineering technology (including existing and emerging technology) addressing viability, long-term suitability, compatibility, and/or safety.
- Assists in conducting capital asset and infrastructure planning for medical equipment spanning initial concept, installation, and effective implementation of complex medical equipment.
- Serves as institutional resource who directly supports the clinical technology including service, system administration, training, and quality assurance.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/511508600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.