The Office of Audit performs comprehensive audits of the federal Judiciary's financial and administrative activities using the Government Auditing Standards promulgated by the Comptroller General to assess compliance with applicable statutes, regulations, policies and procedures. The incumbent of this position serves as the Deputy Audit Officer in managing all aspects of the judiciary's audit program.Learn more about this agency
- Managing a comprehensive financial auditing program includes cyclical financial and performance audits of the United States Courts, financial audits of Judiciary appropriations; and audits and other attest engagements of significant Judiciary functions and systems such as procurement, trust funds, grants, and various accounting and payment systems;
- Providing leadership, management, and supervision to staff performing audit work, including assisting in the hiring selections, managing work assignments, reviewing audit staff work products, managing training and setting performance expectations;
- Providing expert advice to management officials within the Judiciary on audit findings and recommendations;
- Managing the periodic assessment studies and quality control reviews conducted by staff; and
- Assisting the Audit Officer in developing and implementing the Judiciary's audit policies, standards, processes, program, and plans.
25% or less - This position requires 25% travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/511414500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.