USDA is a great place to start or continue your career. USDA is ranked as one of the top 10 "Best Places to Work in the Federal Government" by the Partnership for Public Service. Rankings are based on employee feedback regarding satisfaction with their work experience.Direct Hire Authority: This position is being filled through the Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) Direct-Hire Authority for this occupation. Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Cybersecurity Division, Technology Office (TO), Business Center-Operations Office, Rural Development (RD), U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Rural Development (RD), and manages the information technology (IT) security engineering program.
- Coordinates with IT system owners, investment managers and project managers to provide full lifecycle vulnerability assessment for all RD IT systems using a variety of techniques.
- Leads the delivery of enterprise security services.
- Represents the security engineering program in dealings with other organizations, top management, and others and. Builds partnerships among other TO Divisions and teams; and fosters cross-functional teamwork to apply information technology (IT) security engineering best practices.
- Optimizes the effectiveness and efficiency of the IT security engineering program based on meaningful operational and performance metrics.
- Provides financial management and cost estimating support for the IT security engineering program.
75% or less - Over 10 Days
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/511222200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.