The VA Eastern Kansas Health Care system (EKHCS) is a tertiary care health system providing Emergency Care, Inpatient and Outpatient Care, Research, Domiciliary Care, Nursing Home Care, and Geriatric Care to a 45-county primary service area which spans throughout Northeastern and Central Kansas and Missouri. EKHCS consists of two divisions: in Topeka, Kansas, and in Leavenworth, Kansas, as well as multiple Community Based Outpatient Clinics across the service area.Learn more about this agency
The NP/PA executes position responsibilities that demonstrate leadership, experience, and creative approaches to management of complex client care. The NP/PA may function in a variety of roles including patient advocate, consultant, leader, educator, administrator, researcher, and/or clinical care expert. Works effectively with all levels of staff, to include collaborative efforts with other health professionals. Major duties may include, but are not limited to, the following: Provide competent care to a diverse veteran population with consideration for differences in cultural, socio-economic, military service and age-specific criteria.
- Obtains relevant health and medical history
- Performs physical examination based on age and history
- Performs or orders preventive / diagnostic procedures based on client's age and history
- Identifies health and medical risk factors
- Formulates differential diagnosis based on history, physical examination, and diagnostic test results
- Establishes priorities to meet the health needs of the individual, family, or community
- Formulates individualized treatment plan
- Selects appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions
- Develops a patient - family education plan
- Initiates consultation /referral as indicated
- Establishes priorities for interventions
- Implements interventions consistent with treatment plan
- Prescribes specific pharmacologic agents and/or nonpharmacologic therapies as indicated
- Follows any standardized procedures accordingly
- Implements current clinical guidelines/pathways
- Makes appropriate referrals to other health care professionals and community agencies
- Participates in peer reviews as assigned
- Obtains informed consent when appropriate
- Maintains a process for systematic follow-up
- Evaluates effectiveness of treatment plan promptly
- Documents effects of interventions and outcomes of care in the patient record accurately
- Reassesses and modifies plan as necessary to achieve health care goals
- Serves on committees, teams, workgroups, and chart reviews as requested/approved by administration
-Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Out of Airway Management (OORAM) certification is required.
Work Schedule: Full-Time. This position will be 7:00 am - 7:00 pm to include rotating tours, rotating days, nights weekends, evenings, Federal and Non-Federal Holidays.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/511079300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.