The ideal candidate for this position will have a well-rounded background in multiple security disciplines. This position starts at a salary of $96,970 (GS-13). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Office of the Chief Security Officer team within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as a Security Specialist. Typical assignments include:
- Performing a variety of briefings such as indoctrination, debriefings, annual refresher training and conducts inquiries on SCI security incidents.
- Developing and evaluating procedures for the physical security of SCIFs and ensuring personnel are adhering to the established policy and practices.
- Coordinating in-house FEMA Security Policy programs to ensure consistency with service security policy and programs.
- Developing, establishing, interpreting, coordinating, and implementing national level policy guidance, multi-discipline security policy in support of management of the day-to-day operations.
- Providing guidance on classified programs, requiring extensive and innovative interpretations of national policies/directives concerning the security of information and systems in order to develop/implement security programs.
Occasional travel - Non-Emergency Travel 10%
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/510764400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.