About the Position: The Medical/Telemetry Unit offers access to state-of-the-art critical care for medical, surgical, and telemetry patients.The position requires rotating shift work. You can expect periods of prolonged walking and standing, as well as lifting, bending, and stooping. Work related to this position is performed in a hospital where exposure to contagious and infectious disease is common.Learn more about this agency
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation
- Continuous observation and accurately interpreting EKGs.
- Arrhythmia interpretation skills by recording and conducting arrhythmia analysis.
- Assess patient condition and planning and implementing patient care plan.
- Administer intravenous fluids and medications.
- Review data from special equipment to track patient heart rates, blood pressures, breathing and other vitals.
- Monitor equipment operations including validating alarms correctly, assisting in maintaining correct lead placement, trouble shooting monitoring problems.
- Follow proper nursing standards and protocols for treatment.
- Assist with ordering diagnostic tests as needed.
- Act as the patient advocate and collaborate with fellow members of the medical care team.
- Provide education and support to the patients and their family members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/510729100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.