About the Position:Learn more about this agency
This position is at Fort Rucker Elementary School, Fort Rucker, Alabama.
- Sweeps, mops, strips, scrubs, waxes and polishes floors using brooms, mops, industrial-type floor scrubbers and other heavy powered cleaning equipment.
- Adjusts, changes and performs minor maintenance on buffers, brushes and other attachments on power equipment.
- Dusts, waxes and polishes office furniture, table tops, desks, chairs, lighting fixtures, windows, window ledges and woodwork.
- Maintains restrooms in clean and sanitary condition. Cleans and disinfects lavatories, urinals, toilet bowls, sinks, etc.
- Cleans and maintains walls, carpets and ceiling surfaces. Removes stains from a variety of surfaces.
- Occasionally works on ladders/scaffolds to clean and/or replace ceiling fixtures, walls, replace light bulbs and other similar tasks.
- Works outside for general maintenance activities, (picking up debris, minimal landscaping, cleaning outsides of windows).
- Sets up and takes down cafeteria tables, chairs and trash cans.
- Cleans cafeteria eating areas before during and after breakfast and lunch periods (cleans tables, empties trays, cleans floors, etc.). Also sets up and takes down furniture and A/V equipment for special events and assemblies.
- Opens and closes schools.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/510635900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.