Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please:Learn more about this agency
This Equal Employment Specialist is located in the Affirmative Employment Branch, Civil Rights, Diversity & Inclusion (CRDI), Office of Civil Rights and Liberties, Ombudsman and Traveler Engagement (CRL/OTE), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). If selected for this position, you will serve as a senior staff member of the of the Civil Rights & Liberties, Ombudsman and Traveler Engagement (CRL-OTE) team, serving as the Senior EEO Specialist on civil rights and anti-discrimination laws, policies and practices, training and outreach for the purpose of reviewing; developing and implementing an agency-wide training and outreach program on civil rights and EEO; related topics; conducting statistical analyses to uncover and remove barriers to EEO and civil rights; managing Special Emphasis Programs; and developing related agency reports and policies.
- Develops and conducts agency-wide training courses on multiple subjects, including but not limited to the federal EEO process, anti-discrimination laws, workplace harassment prevention, reasonable accommodations, alternative dispute resolution, micro-inequities, and how to have difficult conversations.
- Independently manages a regional training program which encompasses approximately 20,000 employees.
- Conducts an annual barrier analysis of TSA’s policies, practices and procedures, to uncover and remove barriers to EEO within the agency. Partners with senior leadership in program areas and the field to effectively remedy identified barriers.
- Provides clear, concise and well-reasoned briefings on civil rights and diversity issues to broad and varied audiences, including TSA staff, TSA management, DHS, the EEOC, or other external stakeholders.
- Incorporate relevant statistical analyses into EEO/CR practices, training, and affirmative employment initiatives. Drafts reports and other senior level correspondence to include draft policies.
- Independently develops new and innovative outreach programs, for the purpose of reducing EEO complaints, and educating internal and external stakeholders on EEO, diversity, and inclusion.
- Manages agency-wide Special Emphasis Programs and partners with TSA champion offices to organize and implement annual observances.
Occasional travel - Travel is a required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/510570600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.