About the Position: WRAIR is participating in an alternative personnel system known as the Personnel Demonstration Project. DE-03 pay band is equivalent to GS-09 step 1 to GS-11 step 10 grade level. Employees earning a salary that falls within the pay band equivalent, may not receive an immediate pay increase (promotion) if appointed to this position. Future pay increases within the pay band will be accomplished through the pay for performance management system.Learn more about this agency
- Serve as Laboratory Manager overseeing the daily operations of laboratory spaces.
- Write and maintain laboratory standard operating procedure (SOP) documents.
- Ensure projects are performed in compliance with established safety procedures and regulations.
- Perform research on the immunology and pathogenesis of infectious agents.
- Evaluate the nature of antigen processing.
- Serve as a technician in a flow cytometry laboratory.
- Perform complex and uncommon cytometric analysis.
- Oversee coordination of flow cytometry laboratory resources.
- Perform a variety of difficult techniques in the malaria parasite culture laboratory.
- Ensure quality control of parasite cultures used in various research programs.
- Manage a computerized inventory of parasite culture lines.
- Perform basic user-level maintenance/Quality Control on the flow cytometer and other lab equipment.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/510563500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.