You will serve as an Administrative Officer (Deputy Director) for the Small Business Administration (SBA), Office of Disaster Assistance (ODA), Administrative Services Center - ASC in Herndon, Virginia. In conjunction with the Director, the incumbent plans, manages, and evaluates the administrative support services provided by the Center to the ODA.Learn more about this agency
As an Administrative Officer (Deputy Director) at the GS-0341-15, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Serve as the Deputy Director of the Administrative Services Center (ASC) and report directly to the ASC Director; as such, shares in the responsibility of developing, planning, evaluating, coordinating and supervising the ASC program.
- Provide expertise and advice on the following ASC program support services: mail and supply activities; accountable property; procurement; travel; payroll and other fiscal activities; records management; and facilities management of office, warehouse and storage facilities.
- Devise and execute short- and long-term goals and objectives to meet program strategy, mission and goals. Develop and implement action plans, processes, and systems to generate high productivity and cost effectiveness and eliminate efficiency impediments.
- Ensure travel functions are in compliance with the Federal Travel Regulations (FTR) and that procurement actions comply with the Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR). Manage the issuance and monitoring of government travel credit cards and associated delinquencies.
- Write memorandums and assist with issuances of guidance, policies, and procedures in administrative areas. Represent the ASC at meetings and conferences with other senior officials; participate in agency panels, committees, and teams to promote improve processes and improve effective and efficient customer service.
- Supervise ASC staff either directly or thorough subordinate supervisors. Provide advice and instruction on work and administrative matters, develop performance standards, evaluate performance, make or approve selections, develop/train employees, recommend or take action on performance and conduct issues, etc.
- By applying for this position with SBA's Office of Disaster Assistance, you can enjoy challenging but satisfying work and join a highly motivated and diverse team that helps families and businesses rebuild their lives after a disaster.
- This position is also being announced under Delegated Examining Procedures, announcement # MP-18-037-ASC-10303824.
- ASC is located in the business area of Herndon, VA. It is conveniently located near various eateries and shops and is accessible via public transportation.
Occasional travel - During times of substantial disaster activity, you may be required to work overtime and/or travel with little or no advance notice.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/510416100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.