This vacancy is being amended to offer the Education Debt Reduction Program.Learn more about this agency
A recruitment/relocation incentive has also been authorized. Please see below for more information.
The Behavioral Health Interdisciplinary Program (BHIP) Psychologist, is administratively within Psychology Service Line within the Mental Health Service Line.
The core duties is general service delivery for a wide range of mental and emotional concerns, especially treatment of, and consultation on, disorders considered to be serious mental illnesses (e.g., mood disorders, personality disorders, schizophrenia spectrum disorders); whereas, mental disorders of mood, anxiety, and trauma-adjustment of mild to moderate severity, can often be treated within Primary Care Mental Health Integration (PCMHI).
- Functions as part of a multidisciplinary mental health team, diagnoses and treats mental disorders, conducts psychological and cognitive assessments, and provides consultation to other providers regarding mental disorders.
- Provides a full range of psycho-diagnostic services including the use of psychological testing for major and secondary psychological disorders for patients within VATVCBHCS in areas of special interest/expertise.
- Performs psychological evaluations for individuals with mental health and medical disorders for purposes of diagnostic clarification and treatment planning recommendations. These evaluations employ a comprehensive diagnostic interview, review of available records, collateral contact when available, as well as objective and cognitive tests when indicated.
- Provides a range of psychological therapeutic interventions with individuals with mental health and medical disorders with an emphasis on the application of time-limited, evidence-based treatments for common disorders.
- Consults with and serves as a resource for other professional personnel concerning the need for, evaluation of, and development of psychological services in VATVCBHCS.
- May be asked to assist in the selection, training, and supervision staff at lower grade.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan reimbursement program within VHA. If selected for this position you must meet specific individual eligibility criteria in accordance with VHA policy 1021 and apply for EDRP within four (4) months of appointment. Final award amount and program start date is determined after review of a complete EDRP application and supporting documentation by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services office. If selected for this position, please contact Kathy Dellit, EDRP Coordinator, at Kathy.Dellit@va.gov or 307-673-0592
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/510322000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.