THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a SUPERVISORY NAVIGATOR (INSTRUCTOR) (Title 32), Position Description Numbers D2312 / D2311 / D2310 and is part of the WY 153rd Operations Group, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
ResponsibilitiesThe primary purpose of this position is to navigate unit equipped (UE) aircraft.
- Under the guidance and assistance of the aircraft commander/flight instructor, operates aircraft to become a fully qualified, mission-ready Navigator in unit type aircraft.
- Participates in discussions, meetings or serves on panels or committees regarding unit aircraft and flying mission.
- Performs other flight related duties supporting the accomplishment of the unit operational and training mission.
GS-12 Navigator (Instructor):
- Directs pilots to fly within flight parameters (e.g. speed and loading) to execute normal flight procedures and standard maneuvers in all-weather condition from point to point (domestic/foreign) using fully adequate landing areas.
- Performs Flight Examining functions which include: evaluating the performance of aircrew members completing initial training; instructing, evaluating, and examining rated instructors; providing periodic flight evaluations of rated aircrew members; and administering requalification evaluations.
- Instructor duties include reviewing trainee's prior training and experience records of newly assigned aircrew to determine and planning the type and level of training necessary to achieve the required level of proficiency or skill.
GS-13 Supervisory Navigator (Instructor):
- Performs supervisory personnel management responsibilities. Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work.
- Monitors the instruction of and personally instructs navigators in all phases of both initial aircrew qualification training and mission training.
- As required, serves as standardization/evaluation flight examiner. Periodically examines assigned navigators over land and water flights to determine the degree of proficiency and adherence to standard directives.
** This is NOT an all-inclusive list of duties. **
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/510296900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.