This vacancy is for a Public Affairs Specialist position in the Center for New Media Promotions located at the U.S. Census Bureau Headquarters in Suitland, Maryland. The Census Bureau is accessible from the Metro Rail Green Line – Suitland Station.
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Public Affairs Specialist, GS-1035-13, FPL 13 positions within the Census Bureau in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.Learn more about this agency
- Participate in the development and dissemination of materials through social, web, and other digital media to the public, stakeholders and media.
- Develop concepts and approaches for delivering unique, ongoing public affairs strategies that leverage web, social, email digital channels and improve the visibility and effectiveness of the agency’s public image.
- Develop content ideal for social and web audiences, including landing pages, channel content, and messaging, to meet program goals.
- Identify and implement techniques to strengthen and expand social media relations to foster a dynamic, responsive partnership with the public, stakeholders and media to highlight the agency’s programs and products.
- Manage communications related projects, including fast-paced deadlines, team member performance, and evaluation metrics and reporting on project progress.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/510282400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.