Make a Career Connection! We are looking for individuals who would like to come to work for a small, independent regulatory agency dedicated to saving lives. We work very hard to protect the public from the unreasonable risk of injury and death from consumer products. Every U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) employee is proud to be a part of a team that works together to assure that the products you use every day are safe. Consider a position at the CPSC as your career choice!Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Office of Compliance (EXC), Division of Regulatory Enforcement (CRE). The Division is responsible for enforcing the mandatory standards and regulations, negotiating recalls, and providing advice and guidance on the regulations to the regulated community and other stakeholders. As a Compliance Officer, you will have the opportunity to work with companies on product recalls, and provide advice and guidance to the industry on the requirements of various product voluntary standards.
As a Compliance Officer, you will:
- Conduct investigations to determine whether products violate Commission regulations.
- Develop, negotiate, evaluate, and participate in monitoring recalls and other corrective action plans by companies.
- Coordinate the drafting of press releases and safety alerts.
- Participate in regulatory development activities of proposed compliance strategies, or in the implementation of new regulation.
- Provides technical guidance to Headquarters and Field Staff and to manufacturers, distributors, and retailers of consumer products, and to the public on complying with the mandatory standards, bans, and regulations.
- Represents the Commission during negotiations with firms, speaking engagements, and contacts with trade associations, industry groups, and other government agencies.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/510258300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.