You will serve as Director, Office of Financial Systems in the Office of Budget and Policy. Responsible for conducting, managing, planning, and overseeing the financial and accounting systems and operations for the Federal Transit Administration (FTA).Learn more about this agency
The Supervisory Financial Systems Specialist:
- Supervises employees responsible for administering, developing, deploying, securing, and overseeing the financial and accounting systems and operations.
- Evaluates and reviews the Departmental financial system and operating procedures, and suggests revisions or modifications to meet new, changed, or re-emphasized requirements.
- Provides support by training users in new and existing systems. Defines, develops, and recommends adoption of financial reports that will satisfy internal financial management information requirements.
- Plans, develops, and submits recommendations for modifications to the financial systems, and as required, provides on-site technical assistance and guidance.
- Ensures that all financial management systems have strong financial management controls. Assesses operational weaknesses, performs process improvement analyses and recommends corrective solutions.
- Reviews and analyzes FTA financial systems security guidelines and to assure that these guidelines reflect current systems security practices. Implements National Institute of Standards and Technology Risk Management framework.
The ideal candidate for this position is a senior-level professional with knowledge of all aspects of financial software, hardware, testing, support and implementation.
Occasional travel - Some travel is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/510168900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.