This position is part of the TX G4, MATES, and is located in Gatesville, Texas. The purpose of this position is to perform a variety of welding in support of maintenance activities.Learn more about this agency
Texas National Guard Job Opportunities
As a WELDER with the Texas Army National Guard, your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Performs welding duties using electric, acetylene, and/or inert gas shielded welding processes, pre-heating, brazing, head welding, tack welding, flame cutting, pressure welding, and heat treating.
- Uses templates, jigs, blueprints, and other guides to repair, modify, or fabricate metal items including repair of light or intricately made mechanical parts, which must fit in assemblies where close tolerances are required.
- Brazes dissimilar metals; flame cuts metal to size for fabrication, using regular welding equipment. Utilizes basic sheet metal tools and equipment such as a bender, press, roller, shear, and band saw to repair and/or fabricate a variety of equipment air conditioning and heater duct units, storage cabinets, and components for armored personnel carriers.
- Reads and interprets blueprints and sketches. Lays out, positions, and clamps work; selects type of rod and size of tip to accomplish weld.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/510117100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.