This position is part of the TX G4, UTES 4, MATES, FMS 18, and is located in Brownwood, Texas, Ellington AFB, Texas, and Gatesville, Texas. The purpose of this position is is to perform limited diagnosis, routine repairs, and maintenance on combat, tactical, commercial, and special purpose vehicles and equipment. May assist higher graded mechanics in the performance of maintenance duties.Learn more about this agency
Texas National Guard Job Opportunities
As a SURFACE MAINTENANCE REPAIRER (Title 32) with the Texas Army National Guard, your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Performs limited diagnosis, routine repairs and maintenance on heavy-duty mobile equipment, combat, tactical and automotive vehicles.
- Performs limited diagnoses to determine the cause of mechanical failures by means of visual and auditory checks and/or uses basic test equipment such as compression testers, voltmeters, ohmmeters and pressure gauges.
- Removes, replaces, adjusts, cleans and installs parts and components such as wheel seals, switches, sensors, fuel pumps, water pumps, power steering pumps, brakes, filters, radiators, bearings, springs, shock absorbers, wheel cylinders, starter motors, mufflers, battery cables, and other items of similar complexity.
- Independently performs routine repairs and maintenance functions in remote locations that can be accomplished by removing, cleaning, reinstalling, or replacing defective parts of components and systems using standard parts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/510094200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.