This position is part of the TX G4, CSMS 1 and CSMS 2, and is located in Camp Mabry, Texas and Saginaw, Texas. The purpose of this position is to perform maintenance, repair, and inspection on a full range of small arms and related devices.Learn more about this agency
Texas National Guard Job Opportunities
As a SMALL ARMS REPAIRER with the Texas Army National Guard, your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Performs overhaul, maintenance, and repair on a variety of small arms that involve numerous parts, subassemblies, adjustments, and must be adjusted to close tolerances.
- Disassembles weapons, assemblies, subassemblies and other components. After disassembly examines for defects, mechanical misalignment, and malfunctions.
- Uses hand and power tools, precision gauges, test instruments, jigs and alignment devices in making repairs, modifications, and adjustments to small arms.
- Ensures the accountability, storage, and security of arms and other sensitive items while they are kept for repair, usually in vaults with limited access.
- May serve as a commodity inspector during Command Maintenance Management evaluations (COMET) or as a member of a Maintenance Assistance Instruction Team (MAIT).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/510027800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.