This position is located at the 147 OSS FT, Ellington Field, Houston, TX. The primary purpose of this position is to to provide information technology system support to the assigned unit. The incumbent provides systems administration support on workstations and servers using multiple operating systems. The incumbent is responsible for installing and testing the system security configuration and monitoring, operating, troubleshooting and maintaining workstation and server hardware and software.Learn more about this agency
IT Specialist (Systems Administration)
- Serves as a technical expert and focal point for the installation and configuration of hardware and software on personal computers and for personal data assistants associated with assigned systems.
- Serves as a systems administrator responsible for planning, coordinating, modifying, implementing, and troubleshooting in order to meet customer needs. Work pertains to the administration of all systems, including a myriad of associated hardware platforms, software applications and numerous interfaces included in the Local Area Network (LAN).
- Serves as a technical expert on multiple operating systems and computer platforms.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and recommends hardware/software changes to various computer systems.
- Develops guidelines, standard operating procedures (SOPs), bulletins and flyers regarding the operation/use of assigned C4 systems, services, and activities.
- Implements systems software changes, operating system releases and maintains the operational status of systems.
- Performs security management in accordance with National Guard Bureau (NGB) and Air National Guard (ANG) regulations and policies.
- Implements ANG policy relating to systems storage requirements.
- Provides input to the ANG Continuity of Operation Plan (COOP) procedures for system disaster recovery.
- Installs and configures workstation or network operating systems, and applications software on a wide range of configurable information systems devices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The full Position Descriptions (PDs) can be found at the following links:
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/509838400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.