This position is part of the Defense Threat Reduction Agency, Research and Development Directorate (RD)Learn more about this agency
As a Interdisciplinary Toxicologist/Chemist/Biochemist/ Microbiologist/Pharmacologist/Physical Scientist at the GS-0401/0403/0405/0415/1301/1320-15 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Planning, coordinating , integrating, implementing, and evaluating activities for groundbreaking research and development programs and providing technical and program management advice and support to the Senior Manager, Product Management Team; Division Chief; and other technical managers.
- Serves as subject matter expert and is recognized as a technical authority throughout the organization and DoD.
- Evaluates the pre-clinical development of pharmaceutical products, considers alternatives for achieving objectives, and generates technical and fiscal program plans required to develop and demonstrate advanced technologies and capabilities and transition them to the operational environment.
- Serves as the senior DTRA CBS subject matter expert in pharmacology, drug development, clinical trials, human- and animal-use models and related-fields applicable to developing medical countermeasures for the effects of exposure to chemical threat agents.
- Develops integrated plans addressing all technical and operational considerations and interacts with managers of related programs to coordinate and/or obtain cooperative participation.
- Directs all actions necessary to implement research and development programs, identifies technical and programmatic issues and initiates resolution.
- Provides direction and oversight to ensure the integrity and quality of the technical program planning and execution, compliance with policy and budget, consistency with mission priorities, and administrative productivity.
Occasional travel - Travel (up to 25%) is required. Travel may be required to locations within and outside the continental United States.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/509739400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.