You will serve as writer of correspondence for the Correspondence Research Division (CRD), Office of Defects Investigation (ODI). As such, you are responsible for receiving and reviewing correspondence received from the general public, motor vehicle manufacturers, and Congressional offices, and drafting official responses for the Government.Learn more about this agency
As a Safety Defects Program Assistant, you will:
- Receive, review, and draft controlled and non- controlled (e.g., consumer) correspondence.
- Draft official correspondence response to general public, motor vehicle manufacturers and Congressional offices.
- Research the issue addressed in the correspondence using agency's databases and may contact consumers via telephone, e-mail, or facsimile.
- Develop correspondence responses for review and approval by the Division Chief.
- Send out the responses and update the status of the Correspondence file in the agency's databases.
- Discuss vehicle problems with the engineer/investigators of ODI and other agency offices in order to provide the most accurate response to these inquiries.
The idea candidate for this position possesses excellent writing and correspondence editing skills and is capable of garnering support throughout the organization to accomplish the agency's mission. NHTSA is looking for someone who is highly motivated, who can facilitate processes, and who can communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, at all levels of the organization.
Occasional travel - Some travel is required for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/509731700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.