The position is in the End User Operations, Office of Information and Technology (OI&T). The incumbent performs a combination of duties; phone support, desk-side technical support, and bench-top diagnosis and repair. The primary duties and responsibilities include resolving customer related software and hardware problems in accordance with established policies and procedures.Learn more about this agency
This is an open-continuous announcement. The first cut-off date to consider applications for referral to the selecting official will be two weeks from 08/30/2018.
We will accept application packets on an on-going basis. Qualified applicants will be referred to the selecting official every two weeks from the initial cut-off date. Complete applications submitted prior to 11:59 p.m. EST on the established cut-off date will receive consideration for referral to the selecting official. Applications received after each cut-off date will be considered on the next cut-off date until the closing date of this announcement.
- Diagnosing and/or resolving problems in response to customer reported incidents via trouble tickets: escalating problems to the Lead or Supervisory IT Specialist as appropriate;
- Manages the movement and installation of IT equipment to assure coordination of IT support and customer service;
- Configuring devices and software applications following established procedures;
- Submitting recommendations to improve the efficient use of the system and responding to special requests for system data;
- Providing account management support, client connectivity support and client application support for various devices.
Work Schedule: This full-time position supports 24/7 operations throughout the calendar year. Work is typically performed on the day shift; however, candidate may be subject to overtime work, shift work, and/or work on rotating shifts to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Telework: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position. You will be required to work at a VA facility.
Position Description Title/PD#: Information Technology (IT) Specialist/PD#17041-A
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary, but may involve intermediate periods of walking, bending, stooping, lifting, carrying, regularly moving (up to 50 pounds) computer components and supplies, reaching, pulling, and working at a keyboard and monitor. Subject to call back outside tour of duty.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/509647600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.