This position is located in the Department of Exhibitions, National Portrait Gallery (NPG), Smithsonian Institution. The employee supports the Director of Exhibitions in the management of NPG exhibition programs. S/he assembles special exhibition and/or permanent collection installation proposals, coordinates presentations to the Exhibition Review and Implementation Committee (ERIC), and drafts ERIC recommendation for the NPG Director.Learn more about this agency
- Coordinates exhibition production schedules, monitoring work for completion. Disseminates exhibition information to appropriate staff.
- Creates loan documents, negotiates loan terms with lenders, and coordinates dispersal of exhibition objects. Coordinates outgoing loans and related records, and manages incoming long-term loans. Requests loan examinations.
- Creates loan request documents, negotiates loan terms, and disseminates exhibition information to staff. Drafts statements of work with guest curators and service vendors for conservation, photography and appraisal.
- Negotiates and secures licenses for all exhibition-related uses of borrowed or third party-owned copyrighted works. Proofs ad approves reproductions for adherence to licensing requirements.
- Utilizes TMS for object condition and preparation requirements, handling and display needs and loan status. Oversees TMS cataloguing by contractors and interns. Creates and maintains outgoing and long term incoming loan records. Assists with various administrative functions of an exhibition office.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/509618000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.