What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
Salary: $45,972 (Step 01) to $59,762 (Step 10)
NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.Learn more about this agency
As a Biological Science Technician within the Patuxent Wildlife Research Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Review and verify banding data, ensure completeness and accuracy of these data sets, and correct erroneous data prior to processing into a relational database.
- Resolve a complex variety of data problems to maintain data quality standards and improve the efficiency of Bird Banding Laboratory (BBL) operations.
- Conduct a variety of data manipulations, create and manage data files, prepare data summaries, and assist in the preparation of presentations, reports, and manuscripts.
- Assist in bird banding activities undertaken by the BBL.
- Operates government owned vehicle as an incidental driver.
- Work is primarily sedentary in an office. For field activities at banding stations, the work requires some physical exertion such as walking over wet and uneven surfaces, bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching and similar activities. The field work requires moderate physical activity and average agility and dexterity. Most work is performed in a typical office setting with adequate light, heating or air conditioning and ventilation. Field tasks involve moderate health risks, primarily associated with overexertion, and exposure to temperature extremes and biting insects. The incumbent is expected to conduct duties in a safe and orderly manner so as not to endanger self, fellow workers, or property with which entrusted.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/509430600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.