THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This position is part of the TX 149th Fighter Wing, Mission Support Group, and is located in San Antonio, Kelly AFB, Texas. The purpose of this position is to administer and accomplish functions of one or more of the following human resources programs: Career Enhancements, Customer Service, Employments, Relocations, and/or Readiness.
As a HR SPEC (MILITARY) (Title 32) with the Texas Air National Guard, your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Serves as advisor to commanders on assigned unit human resources (HR) programs.
- Plans, directs, controls and provides advisory services on all aspects of the Career Enhancement program for both Active Guard Reserve (AGR), unit drill status guardsmen, full time technicians and potential members.
- Plans, directs, and controls all aspects of the Customer Service Program. Manages the Air Force Personnel Records System.
- Plans, directs, and controls all aspects of the human resources employment program.
- Plans, directs, and controls all aspects of the Relocation program for all members.
- Ensures accuracy of human resources data system and performs functional review of data reliability relative to the relocations program.
- Develops wing readiness plans for the administration of contingencies and mobilizations.
- Manages contingency and exercise deployments. Serves as advisor to wing/unit commanders on deployment programs.
- Manages Deployment Systems. Manages and controls the Personnel Module of the Integrated Deployment System (IDS), critical to deployment/employment of tasked personnel in support of global operations.
- Is responsible to the Military Support Flight Commander for the Personnel Support for Contingency Operations (PERSCO) portion of the Status of Resources and Training System (SORTS) Report.
- Serves as Classified Control Officer responsible for safeguarding and proper destruction of classified material IAW AF instructions, higher headquarters and local guidance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The full Position Descriptions (PDs) can be found at the following links:
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/509375900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.