WHAT IS THE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION: The mission of IRS Information Technology is to provide leadership in the delivery of information technology solutions that anticipate and meet enterprise-wide needs by empowering employees to deliver customer centered, value-creating systems, products, services, and support.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES AN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST DO?
As a senior IT Specialist you will be responsible for developing and executing a wide variety of IT projects to support our Business customers. In addition to developing strategies, planning, and execution of project management principles, methods, and tools, this individual will be hands-on in the day-to-day execution of all aspects of the project and program. This includes making key decisions, leading projects and teams, and being customer-service oriented with great interpersonal skills to deliver the projects and program to success.
As an IT Specialist you will:
- Plans, leads, coordinates, communicates, integrates, evaluates, and ensures success of the information technology (IT) program
- Lead the evaluation of agency missions, goals, plans, programs, and business processes to develop an enterprise IT architecture plan for the agency.
- Manages all planning, marketing, budget development and execution, customer support, acquisition, and contractual activities
- Oversees methods, and techniques of IT assessment, planning, management, monitoring, and evaluation such as functional analysis, contingency planning, and disaster recovery.
- Manages the integration of IT subsystems; develops information systems testing strategies, plans, or scenarios; and identifies standards/requirements for infrastructure configuration.
- Manages the development or implementation of IT plans and procedures, and ensures appropriate product-related training and documentation are developed and made available to customers.
- Conduct continuing evaluations of agency business needs to ensure that IT architecture plans are aligned with those needs and that the current and planned IT infrastructure supports the architecture plan.
- Develop plans and strategies to modify the IT infrastructure architecture to support short and long-range agency goals, objectives, and plans.
- Evaluate, select, and advise others on the application of architecture modeling tool sets used to document, maintain, and enhance the architectural planning process.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at http://www.jobs.irs.gov/
Occasional travel - Travel may be required 1-5 Nights per month
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/509338400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.