The Clerk's office is recruiting for one Case Administrator I position in the Baltimore Division. The incumbent will be a member of the Information and Imaging Team. The individual will serve as the court's primary point of contact for the public and members of the legal community and provide information about court cases, policies, and procedures. The incumbent also will receive and process payments and documents in accordance with established guidelines.Learn more about this agency
The individual must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, well organized, and be able to multitask in a fast-paced team environment. The incumbent also must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as a pleasant, professional demeanor.
- Assist customers at the public counter and on the telephone without providing legal advice.
- Review documents to ensure completeness and compliance with bankruptcy rules and local rules.
- Accept payments and process receipts utilizing the Cash Register/Electronic Case Filing system.
- Open new cases in the Case Management/Electronic Case Filing system (CM/ECF).
- Scan documents received at the public counter as well as those received through the mail.
- Open and distribute incoming mail.
- Interact with the case processing teams to ensure accurate completion of work.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/509253200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.