The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), a progressive organization at the forefront of intellectual property issues around the world, is seeking a high performing professional to join its Senior Executive Team as a Senior Level, Information Technology Expert within the Office of the Deputy Commissioner for Patent Administration, Office of Patent Information Management.Learn more about this agency
The Senior Level Information Technology Expert position is located within the Office of the Deputy Commissioner for Patent Administration, Office of Patent Information Management. The incumbent serves as a recognized technical expert within the USPTO in the field of software design and development related to business process re-engineering of complex patent business processes. In this capacity, the incumbent assists the Associate Commissioner for Patent Information Management by establishing effective relationships with a broad range of patent system stakeholders and eliciting requirements from numerous stakeholders in geographically diverse locations in the development, management, publication and dissemination of structured text and an intelligent management system.
The Incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Providing expert technical advice to Patents Senior Management and participating in high-level decision-making regarding the Information Technology (IT) infrastructure throughout Patents, supporting the intake of patent applications, patent examination process, publication and dissemination of patent deliverables. A particularly critical area of this effort centers on the adoption of optimal approaches for obtaining structured data for input to the new system which includes expert knowledge of state-of-the-art approaches to document conversion and representation;
- Advising and evaluating requirements for IT procurement solicitations and selecting vendors based on expert judgment of proposals;
- With expert patent business knowledge, facilitates and collaborates with patent stakeholders to elicit, analyze, and define software features and functionality consistent with customer needs, expectations, and constraints;
- Prioritizing and validating requirements and participating in the development of patent business operational concepts;
- Developing change campaigns to champion the adoption of new software products and processes by preparing comprehensive plans which address user concerns by incorporating proven motivational dynamic methods;
- Identifying and communicating tangible business benefits and overseeing the preparation of step-by-step transition guides to ensure successful adoption and implementation of new methodologies. Conducts surveys to determine overall user satisfaction and gauge the extent of user adoption. Establishes and collaborates with a network of user champions and centers of excellence within corporations and law firms to encourage and drive adoption of new patent software solutions;
- Leading a matrix team of USPTO business experts, outreach analysts and marketing specialists to achieve optimal results; and
- Meeting with external stakeholders, gathering feedback, and designing flexible solutions to unite conflicting stakeholder views.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/509044600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.