ATTENTION ALL APPLICANTS: Initial duty station is the selectee's home address (work-from-home position) until the opening of the Area Census Office (ACO) in BIRMINGHAM, ALABAMA. At that time the employee will report to the ACO as their regular place of work.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST CURRENTLY RESIDE IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTIES: Jefferson, Shelby, Bibb, Tuscaloosa, Talladega
Relocation WILL NOT be paid.Learn more about this agency
The individual selected for this position will:
- Supervise office operations, supervisors, and clerks responsible for supporting various automation activities.
- As needed trains or supervises others to train, office employees on software, hardware and automation operations.
- Manages automation functions in the office; the first line-of-contact for all hardware, software, and telecommunication problems in the office, troubleshooting duties, and evaluating, analyzing, and coordinating automation operations to efficiently support office functions with available equipment. Conducts on-site LAN/WAN hardware diagnostics for infrastructure cabling and hardware such as router, switches, servers, mobile devices, laptops, iPads, personal computers (PCS), Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) telecommunications systems and printers.
- Responsible for the paper and automated tracking of property management to include: ensuring necessary forms are accurately filled out; property management systems are updated, and regular audits are performed and secured devices are stored.
- Schedule and coordinates data entry operations for optimal use of workstations and print devices. Manages the property control system for Office Computing Equipment (OCE), Mobile Commuting Equipment (MCE) and peripherals; coordinated printing activities and assuring that printers are prepared to handle large jobs, long-running print jobs without jams, breakdowns, and toner shortages.
50% or less - Position requires 25% local travel and 25% overnight travel
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/508989200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.