Functional PurposeLearn more about this agency
Conducts forensic analyses of digital and other multimedia evidence utilizing appropriate scientific methodologies, forensic techniques, and quality assurance practices in support of criminal and administrative investigations.
- Conducts forensic examinations of digital and other multimedia evidence through the application of scientific practices for the recognition, collection, analysis, and interpretation of digital evidence for criminal and civil law or regulatory purposes.
- Examines and analyzes evidence and interprets scientific observations and data to render conclusions, form opinions and produce reports utilizing a full range of electronic search methods and forensic examination techniques.
- Provides expert witness testimony; produces comprehensive reports and illustrative exhibits for federal, state, and local judicial proceedings at a level sufficient to explain evidence interpretations and conclusions from forensic examinations and scientific data to a lay audience.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and technical advisor in matters relating to the proper collection, preservation, packaging, and submission of digital and multimedia evidence; participates in crime scene evidence collection activities in major field investigations; ensures evidence handling requirements are met.
- Performs ongoing evaluation and validation of laboratory instrumentation and methods, operating protocols, and safety practices under supervision; maintains awareness of safety procedures and identifies possible physical conditions and/or laboratory procedures that may create unsafe conditions.
- Delivers training in laboratory services, evidence collection, crime scene processing and field examination.
- Conducts studies and research for improving forensic analyses, scientific methods, and resolving forensic examination problems.
- Acts as liaison with postal management and federal, state, and local organizations on technical developments, forensic methods, and investigative problems of common interest.
- Analyzes systems to assist with network intrusion and cybersecurity investigations to determine the cause and extent of a breach.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/508926600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.