THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITIONLearn more about this agency
This position is located at the Aviation Facility, Dallas, Texas. The purpose of this position is to serve as the Aircraft Mechanic (Crew Chief) with responsibility of managing operational readiness and proficiency training of supported aviation unit personnel. Responsibilities include oversight of individual aircraft's level of mission capabilities and projection of maintenance requirements to maintain readiness.
- Manages, monitors or performs overall maintenance, servicing, inspections and documentation for one or more highly technical, high performance military aircraft.Request maintenance services exceeding AASF capabilities or time constraints.
- Oversees ground movement of aircraft.
- Ensures Unit Level Logistics-Aviation (ULLS-A) and other aircraft documentation accurately reflects status and airworthiness of assigned aircraft.
- Clears Red X status symbols on aircraft forms for work performed by others.
- Plans, develops and conducts proficiency training during the technician work week to a multi-faceted workforce comprised of Full Time Support (FTS) and supported unit personnel.
- Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization and support exercises.
- Complies with safety, fire, security, environmental, and housekeeping regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The full Position Description (PD) can be found at the following link:
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/508902700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.