The first cut-off date for initial review and referral of applications is 9/6/2018. The second cut-off date for referral of applications is approximately 10/5/2018. After this date, applications will be reviewed and referred, incrementally, until a selection is made or the closing date of this announcement.Learn more about this agency
Although the position is advertised equivalent to GS-14, MCC uses a pay banded system to compensate employees. This position is pay band 3b which is generally equal to GS-14.
The DRCD assists the RCD to provide ongoing guidance, advice, technical feedback, and support to the Millennium Challenge Account (MCA) compact country entity in implementation. Specifically, the DRCD plays a critical role in the Compact's success by:
- assisting the RCD to provide ongoing guidance, advice, technical feedback and support to the MCA, MCC's accountable entity on implementation; assisting with and coordinating between MCA, the Government, and the MCC Resident Country Mission (RCM), and MCC Washington on technical implementation issues;
- Performing field inspections and conducting regular monitoring activities of construction and other project implementation activities, in order to identify, anticipate and troubleshoot potential technical or administrative issues
- assisting the RCD to draft, staff and coordinate with MCA and MCC Washington the timely delivery of all reports, plans, approvals and agreements as may be required for program implementation;
- assisting the RCD in day-to-day management of locally engaged staff, and of the MCC office in country;
- assisting the RCD to manage, supervise and report on MCC's in-country presence, including procurement, staffing, budgeting, financial and asset management needs;
- assisting the RCD in coordinating in-country visits by MCC staff, technical advisors and US government officials;
- assisting with and participating in public outreach and representational events in-country relating to MCC activities and compact implementation, including representing MCC in interactions with congressional delegations, other donors, representatives of local business community and civil society, and other interested parties in-country; and,
- assisting with responsibilities as may otherwise be requested by the RCD to facilitate implementation of the Compact.
Occasional travel - Required international travel may be as low as 15% of the time, but travel in country may be as high as 50% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/508880400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.