The first cut-off date for initial review and referral of applications is 9/6/2018. The second cut-off date for referral of applications is approximately 10/5/2018. After this, applications will be reviewed and referred until a selection is made or the closing date of this announcement..Learn more about this agency
Although the position is advertised equivalent to SES/SL in pay, MCC uses a pay banded system to compensate employees. This position is pay band MC-2D which is generally equal to SES/SL pay only.
The RCD leads implementation of compact investment in a partner country and provides ongoing oversight, guidance, advice, technical feedback, and support to the country's Millennium Challenge Account entity (the MCA), which undertakes the country's responsibility for compact program implementation. The RCD plays a critical role in the compact's success by:
- Providing oversight, feedback, and guidance to government counterparts with respect to the set-up and implementation of the compact program, including interfacing with high-level government stakeholders.
- Assisting the MCA and other divisions of the partner country government in ensuring that compact implementation is in accordance with MCC policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Ensuring proper implementation of MCC approvals and other internal control procedures, as well as audit and impact evaluation efforts.
- Anticipating and planning to mitigate potential problems (including substantive or administrative issues) and tracking milestones and concrete progress on Compact's entry-into-force and/or implementation and suggesting appropriate actions such as program modifications.
- Performing site visits and reporting on the progress of compact implementation to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Responding to inquiries from the MCC headquarters, the U.S. Congress, other USG agencies, and other key stakeholders.
- Keeping MCC headquarters, U.S. Chief of Mission (COM), the U.S. Congress, other USG agencies, and other key stakeholders informed regarding MCC activities and developments in country.
- Organizing public outreach and representational events related to the implementation of compact activities in Sri Lanka, including helping represent MCC in interactions with CODELs, other donors, representatives of the local business community and civil society, and other interested parties.
- Leading coordination and collaboration efforts with other donors and civil society organizations, and representing MCC in meetings with other donors and in other settings where various country strategies may be formulated and discussed or USG policies represented.
- Providing day-to-day management and supervision of the local MCC staff, including the Deputy Resident Country Director (DRCD), office, and budget, in close coordination with relevant staff at the U.S. Embassy and MCC headquarters.
- Liaising with the Office of the Inspector General and Government Accountability office on all reviews of the compact program.
Occasional travel - Required international travel may be as low as 15% of the time, but travel in country may be as high as 50% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/508879100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.