This position is located in the Economic Development Administration, Office of Public Affairs. As a Public Affairs Specialist, the incumbent develops & implements programs designed to inform the public and special interest groups about the Economic Development Administration programs. The incumbent performs work in support of public affairs program planning and development and dissemination of informational materials to the general public, the business community, and specialized audiences.Learn more about this agency
The individuals selected for this position will perform the following duties:
- Serve as a Division liaison with the Office of the Secretary and Office of Public Affairs to provide information on agency activities through weekly reports and briefings papers.
- Serve as an agency liaison for media and press relations.
- Writes and manages the dissemination of agency press releases, and liaisons with the Office of the Secretary, Office of Public Affairs to coordinate issues relating to agency press outreach and information dissemination.
- Writes and manages the dissemination of the agency brochures, news releases, newsletters, booklets, for dissemination as part of comprehensive information campaigns.
- Works with organizational groups, business communities, editors of trade magazines, as well as press and other media outlets, to ensure coverage and support of EDA objectives.
- Helps develop and implement EDA's social media program, utilizing Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Youtube platforms
Occasional travel - Travel is required 5%-10%
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/508609700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.