About the Position: Employees occupying these positions will provide emergency support to disaster stricken areas throughout the US. Employee must pass a stringent medical screening and be prepared to live and work in extremely austere conditions. Work schedule will initially be arduous, with much overtime. Sleeping arrangements may be limited to using a sleeping bag or in the vehicle used to move from location to location. The duty station for pay purposes for these positions is Kennewick, WA.Learn more about this agency
- Serve as the Manager/Coordinator of the Environmental Compliance Program for the US Army Corps of Engineers
- Provide staff oversight and direction for compliance with environmental laws and regulations for all facilities under construction or operation within the jurisdiction.
- Provide staff coordination, review, monitoring and approvals for all environmental related issues in natural resources management.
- Conduct long range planning, coordination of all environmental reporting requirements, identification and justification of funding needs, tracking corrections of deficiencies, and monitoring staffing needs.
- Review and develop policy for forest and fish and wildlife management on Corps managed lands and lands leased to state agencies.
75% or less - Business travel required up to 75% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/508467600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.