This position is located at the 149 CF, Kelly AFB, San Antonio, TX. The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a base systems administrator to monitor the Local and Wide Area Network, including the planning, analysis, acquisition, design, development, implementation, quality assurance, configuration, installation, integration, maintenance testing, operational integrity, and/or management of networked systems for the transmission of information in voice, data, and/or video formats.Learn more about this agency
Information Technology Specialist (Network)
- Administers the base Local Area Network (LAN).
- Conducts problem analysis to identify trends, ineffective practices or procedures, and equipment shortcomings.
- Plans for current and future technology integration and works issues for compatibility and standardization based on current and projected customer needs.
- Maintains required information assurance certification IAW DoD 8570.01-M, Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002, Clinger Cohen Act of 1996 in order to ensure the rigorous application of information security and assurance policies in the delivery of network services.
- Adheres to management control plan requirements by conducting self inspection and staff assistance visits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The full Position Descriptions (PDs) can be found at the following links:
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/508446600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.