THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITIONLearn more about this agency
This position is located at the 149 CF, Kelly AFB, San Antonio, TX. The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a customer support specialist performing work related to classified/unclassified IT networks and cyber system with primary knowledge requirements of information processing methodology, IT, telecommunications systems, computer capabilities, processing techniques, IT trouble ticket management, and data communications.
Information Technology Specialist (Customer Support)
- Manages the assigned IT/communications environment with privileged access at the network level for the Wing, Geographically Separated Units (GSU), and Tenants.
- Serves as a focal point for ensuring functionality and operability of the assigned IT/data systems/functions, voice and wireless systems to support mission requirements of Wing, Geographically Separated Units (GSU), and Tenants.
- Provides customer technical assistance and support for all users.
- Determines customer requirements and assists customers by recognizing and analyzing trends and providing instruction and orientation services.
- Conducts feasibility studies to identify and analyze system failures and analyzes data to determine if trends exist which forecast the need for future replacement or modification of system hardware and software.
- Coordinates frequency needs with command level spectrum management office to maintain current allocations and obtain new authorizations.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs hardware devices supporting a broad range of information and communications systems.
- Adheres to management control plan requirements by conducting self inspection and staff assistance visits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The full Position Descriptions (PDs) can be found at the following links:
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/508444700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.